Encourage kindness by adding Caffè Sospeso to your menu
Join the local community of cafes in Colchester and offer a Caffè Sospeso, a #cuppakindness. Come together with other business owners to bring a lovely old Italian tradition to Colchester!
Why take part?
Because a simple act of kindness will lift spirits including yours! The world needs more kindness. The new Caffè Sospeso movement is a simple act of kindness. It enables customers to Pay for two cuppas but only drinking one, leaving one hanging for someone in need, someone else whom they will never meet. People who have fallen on harder times will feel the warmth of a drink and the kindness of their community.
How to take part
- Fill in the form on this page to register. We’ll send you a guide and updates.
- Add Caffè Sospeso to your menu – in the cafe and online. (It’s a conversation starter)
- Choose what you want to offer. A coffee, tea, sandwich, cake? It’s up to you.
- Create some tags to display your offering. Make them easy to read and use. You can display them any way that suits your cafe.
- Explain to your staff what to say, how to explain what Caffè Sospeso is.
- Send us your logo (.png or .jpeg) and you’ll be listed on the YourColchester.com.
- Take photos and share stories on your social feeds using #cuppakindness #sospeso #community
- Ask friendly business owners that you know to support the movement.
- Tag other cafes and businesses in on your posts. Share your stories together.
Lift someone’s spirits with a cuppa
Buy a Caffè Sospeso. Pay for two cuppas, drinking only one, leaving another for someone you’ll never meet. It’s left hanging, a #cuppakindness for someone who needs it. People who have fallen on harder times will feel the warmth of a drink and the kindness of their community. It might just also help restore a bit of their dignity too.
Why Join the movement?
A simple act of kindness can lift your spirits too! It will also make our community even more lovely.
What you need to do
- Buy a Caffè Sospeso.
- Tell your favourite cafe or coffee shop and get them involved.
- Take a photo with a cuppa in front of participating cafes and share on social media using #cuppakindness #sospeso #community
- Keep sharing and grow this incredible Caffè Sospeso movement.
Enjoy a cuppa
If you have fallen on harder times and haven’t the money to treat yourself to a cuppa, look for a Caffè Sospeso hanging in a cafe window. It’s for you.
Feel the kindness of your community and know you are not alone. Enjoy a #cuppakindness. One day, you can pay it forward too.