How your customers move through your sales pipeline is out of your control. But don’t assume you can’t shape and guide that customer journey. You can and you should.
Your sales and marketing teams can work together to shape the customer journey. They can move a customer through the sales pipeline faster using a few tips and ideas in this infographic from our friends at Salesforce.ca
Content marketing can give your sales team more tools, to help them positively affect the customer journey. Those helpful articles, images, eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, social posts videos and webinars can meet a whole host of different goals, from capturing interest to capturing personal details.
Content marketing has a number of purposes, and its goals may be widespread—from increasing customer satisfaction to generating leads—but its primary focus is clear. Your content exists to support the customer journey, ultimately helping your sales team succeed. When based on a Content Marketing Strategy, your content marketing will generate even greater results.
Of course, your salespeople have to nurture their relationships with leads and customers. Only two percent of sales occur after the first meeting, which means each sale takes time, effort, and patience.
To ensure your relationships are nurtured properly over time, use marketing automation through a marketing funnel to keep in contact, moving prospects through your sales pipeline, at the right moment. Using marketing automation technology, you could potentially see a 360% higher conversion rate than with basic sales efforts.
If you require help with developing your marketing funnels, content for your funnels or marketing automation system set up, we are here to help.
Click To Enlarge
- Countdown to GDPR - 11th October 2017
- 5 reasons why marketers need to get out from behind their desks - 20th June 2017
- What Marketers do all day – the whole truth revealed - 19th April 2017
- 7 ways marketers learn from failures and achieve greater results - 16th March 2017
- 7 tips to stay focussed on marketing success - 8th March 2017
- Infographic: 3 ways to move a customer through your sales pipeline - 21st February 2017
- Comms Dealer Awards Finalist - 5th May 2016
- Is marketing an investment or irritable cost? - 17th July 2015
- How to be prepared for social moaners - 30th June 2015
- Does Content Marketing work? - 22nd June 2015