After conducting a marketing audit, we spotted that MyRuby did not have a responsive website. The growth in use of smartphones and tablets meant that a responsive site was needed to enable visitors to view the website on any device.
There was no CMS which meant that all website updates needed to be completed by a developer. The MyRuby team wanted to be more proactive in managing the website and less reliant on developers to make necessary updates and changes.
We started with market research, gaining an understanding of competitor propositions and buyer behaviours. Then keyword research. After thoughtful planning, we project managed the development of the new site on a WordPress CMS.
The company was keen to retain the look and feel of the previous site, so we built the site based on the designs provided by MyRuby’s chosen designer. We introduced valuable new elements to the site; a blog and a sales page with a pricing table with MyRuby’s service costs, which the team can easily keep up to date.
RESPONSIVE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
We mapped out the structure of the website, based on a keyword strategy and an understanding of the buying process.
All activity was planned and project managed, ensuring the website was delivered on time, and on budget.
We built a blog, which will be integral to MyRuby’s content marketing efforts, conveying their knowledge and differentiating their service from simple message taking providers.
When the client was stretched to create content, we jumped in, writing to fit page layouts.
Kim’s views were invaluable in distinguishing the difference between actual visitor behaviour and what we’d like them to do. She also highlighted the need for us to have a responsive site that can cope with the increasing number of visitors using tablets and mobile devices.Andy Perillo